WEST WICKHAM VILLAGE HALL
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Booking Secretary should be consulted immediately.
- CHARGES for hiring the hall shall be paid in advance to the Booking Secretary except for the contract hirers who shall normally pay monthly / quarterly / termly in arrears against invoices rendered.
- DEPOSITS FOR CASUAL HIRING. 25% of the charge is payable at the time of booking. This is non-returnable. The balance is due on the hiring date, before the hire commences. A Security Deposit is payable before the hall is used. This will be refunded if no damage to the hall occurs during the hire period and no additional cleaning is required.
- POST DATED CHEQUES will not be accepted.
- THE HIRER must be over 18 years of age
- THE MANAGEMENT COMMITEE reserve the right to cancel any hiring of the Meeting Room in the event of it being required for use as a POLLING STATION for Parliamentary, Local Government or European Union election or bye elections, in which case the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit paid.
- THE HIRER shall not sub-let or use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way; nor do anything or bring into the premises anything which may endanger the premises or any insurance policies in respect thereof.
- THE HIRER will, during the period of the hiring, have two or more responsible people to supervise, including making themselves aware of the position of fire exits and instructions, those on the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort, and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of the car parking arrangements so as not to cause obstruction.
- ANY DAMAGE to the fabric or contents of the Hall shall be reported to the Booking Secretary or Caretaker immediately after the letting. The Hirer shall repay the Management Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done during the hire period as a result of the hiring.
- NO ALCOHOL is permitted to be brought, sold or consumed on the premises without permission from the Management Committee; whose consent must also be obtained prior to seeking an occasional license for the sale of alcoholic liquors. On being granted an occasional license a copy must be shown to the Booking Secretary.
- FOOTWEAR. Stiletto Heels should not be in worn the Hall. Hirers for sporting activities should wear non marking sports shoes.
- THE HALL IS LICENSED for public performances of Music, Singing and Dancing from:
Monday to Thursday and Saturday: 6.00pm to Midnight Friday: 6.00pm to 2.00am Sunday (Music Only) 7.30pm to 10.30pm
The Management Committee require that the volume of any music be lowered after 11.00pm and that steps be taken to ensure that no nuisance be caused to residents adjacent to the hall.
- THE HALL IS LICENSED BY THE PERFORMING RIGHTS SOCIETY.
- THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE on the premises for a Public Entertainment shall not exceed 150.
- ALL MEANS OF EXIT in the premises must be kept free from obstruction and immediately available for instant public exit. AT THE SOUNDING OF A FIRE ALARM THE HALL MUST BE EVACUATED. The FIRE BRIGADE must be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight and details there of shall be given to the booking secretary or caretaker.
(Note. Detailed fire instructions are on the wall of the two main rooms, kitchen and bar)
- USE OF THE FREE WIFI is aibject to the terms and conditions of the Wifi Acceptable Use Policy.
- AT THE END OF THE HIRING, the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured, unless directed otherwise, and any contents temporarily removed from their usual position properly replaced. All rubbish must be removed. The committee shall be at liberty to make and additional charge or deduct and appropriate sum from the security deposit should any additional cleaning be required.
The hire charge you pay for the hall has no element for cleaning built in. You may feel you would prefer to have the hall cleaned after your function by our caretaker, Nadine Warner. You can contact her in advance of your hiring, on Cambridge 290654 to discuss her charges.
- IN THE EVENT OF THE HALL, OR ANY PART THERE OF BEING RENDERED UNFIT in advance of the use for which it has been hired, the Management Committee shall not be liable for any resulting loss or damage to the hirer.
West Wickham Village Hall Trust
Registered Charity. No 1066506
January 2001. (Amended 08/05)
END OF SESSION CHECK LIST
- Leave Hall, Kitchen, Bar& Toilets clean and Tidy. In particular check for cigarettes that
might have been smoked and left smouldering and any alcohol spillages.
- Return any furniture or equipment moved in its original position.
- Turn off extractor fans in the Kitchen, Bar & Toilets. Switch off and unplug any other electrical equipment used.
- Check all windows and doors are securely closed and locked.
- Turn off all lights.
- Do not leave your rubbish in, or outside the hall where dogs and vandals can get at it. Please take it with you.
- Lock main door and return keys.