Free Wifi access to the Internet through the West Wickham Village Hall Wifi (WIFI) is is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. WiFi Services
The WIFI is provided only during the hire period to those hiring the village hall, as well as their family and guests.
When using the WIFI service you agree at all times to be bound by the following provisions:
- not to use the WIFI service for any for the following purposes:
- disseminating any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable material or otherwise breaching any laws;
- transmitting material that constitutes a criminal offence or encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offence, results in civil liability or otherwise breaches any applicable laws, regulations or code of practice;
- interfering with any other persons security, use or enjoyment of the WIFI service; or
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of material protected by copyright without permission of the owner; or
- anti-social behaviour including the violation of any rules or policies of websites or social media organisations;
- to keep any username, password, or any other information which forms part of the WIFI service security procedure confidential and not to disclose it to any third party.
2. Termination of WIFI Services
We have the right to suspend or terminate our WIFI service immediately in the event that there is any breach of any of the provisions of these Standard Conditions including without limitation:
- if you use any equipment which is defective or illegal;
- if you cause any technical or other problems to our WIFI service;
- if, in our opinion, you are involved in fraudulent or unauthorised use of our WIFI service;
- if you resell access to our WIFI service; or
- if you use our WIFI service in contravention of the terms of these Standard Conditions.
3. Availability of WIFI Services
- Although we aim to offer the best WIFI service possible, we make no promise that the WIFI service will meet your requirements. We cannot guarantee that our WIFI service will be fault-free or accessible at all times.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any WIFI enabled device used by you is compatible with our WIFI service and is switched on. The availability and performance of our WIFI service is subject to all memory, storage and any other limitations in your device. Our WIFI service is only available to your device when it is within the operating range of the main hall.
- We are not responsible for data, messages, or pages that you may lose or that become misdirected because of the interruptions or performance issues with our WIFI service or wireless communications networks generally. We may impose usage, or service limits, suspend service, or block certain kinds of usage in our sole discretion, to protect other users of our WIFI service. Network speed is no indication of the speed at which your WIFI enabled device or our WIFI service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression and network congestion.
4. Privacy and Data Protection
- We may collect and store personal data through your use of our WIFI service.
- We may process all information about you which is provided in relation to our WIFI service in accordance with your legal rights under the Data Protection 1998 and solely for the purposes of offering the WIFI service.
- By using our WIFI service, you agree to the terms of this clause 4. If you would like more information or object to anything in these conditions, you should contact:
The Village Hall Management Committee: email@example.com